Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Brazil Booked!


As of yesterday, our trip to Brazil this February has now been booked - whoohoo!! AND, I get to go to Londrina!!

As previously discussed and decided with Prs Frank and Chris, I'll be accompanying our church's internship students to Brazil for the Acampamento de Jovems and missionary serving down there (not sure yet exactly what we'll be doing...). I'll be helping out as a team leader and translator (help me Jesus!). I was really excited about it all, except for the fact that we'll only be going to Aracatuba (although Aracatuba is great too!). Each time I've gone before, I spent time in Londrina, and it's now become like a home away from home... and I was so sad to be going so close to there, and yet so far...

But now, as Valdir has booked the tickets for us, I've just gotten the ok, or the "of course!", to spend a little more time there when we go, allowing me to go to Londrina for a few days. Yaya! I'll get to see the educational centre our church has helped fund (the building was started 3 years ago, when I first went there on my own... and it was just opened up this October!). And I'll get to see all those precious people from the bairro Franciscato (it's really a slum, but they don't call it that)... and I hope to see my friends Marinalva and Zenga and Mayara and Gra, and everyone!

The trip will be from February 14th to 27th, and I'll stay behind until the 6th of March... It's gonna be awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home