Saturday, November 18, 2006

Touring T.O. with Renata


(Renata and the CN tower)
It was a cool grey morning as the three of us headed out to the big city, Renata, Lucivani and I. Lu is Brazilian, she moved here to serve as a missionary several years ago, and she's just awesome. And Renata, she's a dear friend that I met for the first time 3 years ago on my first missionary trip to Brazil. At the time, it was like friendship at first sight. Now, she's here in Canada for 4 months to improve her English. She slept over at my house last night, her first time coming over since she arrived here in September (shame on me!), and today we went out to Toronto for her first taste of the famed city.

Finding parking was the hardest thing ever! But once we were settled in a spot, we hurried to find a place for lunch; it was already 1:00PM. We settled for a nice little Korean owned sushi restaurant, and Renata got a lesson on how to eat with chopsticks... she handled it very well.

Of course, we had to go up the CN tower, and we stopped along the way for a bit of shopping for Renata's friends and family back home. By the time we left the tower, it was already 4:30, and Re and Lu were going to be late for an Audio Adrenaline comcert. They were able to enter in for free since they'll be helping with cleaning after the concert. I like Audio Adrenaline, but I really wasn't ready this weekend to stay up until early in the morning to help with all that... so I came home... and got lost through Toronto... but made it back alive! Re and Lu are still at the concert, having a great time. I'm sure I'll hear all about tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home