Thursday, February 26, 2009

Did I say unpredictable?

Yes, things can be quite unpredictable around here.

For example, in the middle of the night, I started to get unusually hot. I started waking up, feeling suffocated. Normally, at night, I sleep with my fan pointing at me directly, and it keeps me cool while I sleep. I hadn’t realized how much of a difference that little breeze makes until last night. Our power went out. Completely. And stayed out.

Sometimes here, power can stay out for days if the city needs it somewhere else. The only way out of it is if you live near a rich home. They never get their electricity cut out. But our home isn’t that ritzy; we even have a slum nearby. Moo told me they’ve had their electricity cut for a day ½ before. And yeah, the food went bad, but that doesn’t seem to concern the city much… That’s why families here usually go to market early every morning. Most families have a mom who stays at home and cooks for everyone. She’s also the one who goes to market at 5am to get the food for the day, as the others are getting ready for school and work.

Second thing : my 8:15am class was supposed to last only 3 weeks, as I’m covering for a Filipino missionary who had to go home for a family funeral. But, we just learned yesterday that he’s been delayed, until end of March! Talk about God timing, huh! So I’m keeping both classes. I was looking forward to a break, but I guess God wants to stretch me some more… so now I’m happy about it.

Oh, and the worship schedule… I found out today that I’m supposed to be on worship this Sunday playing piano… Except I’ve already planned to go away! This weekend Moo and I and Leap are heading out to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat, the famous historical site. Fortunately, Pr Pisit said a switch would be no problem. At least, though it may be unpredictable here, it sure is flexible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home