Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Life story - Bri

Enough of hearing from me. Here's a word from Brianna, one of my roommates and friends:

"Once upon a time there was a girl named Bri....(that's me)...I was a sweet girl...but then turned sour. I used to have good morals, but by the time I was 20, I didn't know where they had gone. I started looking for love in all the wrong places. I started drinking and doing drugs and hanging out in places that had nothing to offer me but bad news. I guess because of all the drugs and alcohol, I got really depressed and suffered from anxiety and really didn't want to have anything to do with the world -- (if that's not sad I don't know what is...).

"Then one day I went over to my friend Kyle's house to do the usual...smoke some drugs and feel sorry for ourselves....But then I was shocked when, all of the sudden, my friend Kyle said he didn't want any. He said God was good and that He didn't smoke or do any of that stuff anymore. He went to a party at Oshawa Community Church about a week prior to me seeing him. He said he gave His heart to the Lord...ummm okay then, I thought. I still didn't believe him, but I continued to drink and to wave drugs in front of his face so that maybe he would change his mind. I knew Christians in my life, but I always thought they were fake and people just played the "happy-plastic-family-going-to-church-on-Sunday" role. I never bought it. But to see Kyle change from what he was to..what's the word i'm looking for...godly, was truly amazing. He never preached to me, or tried to convince me of anything, he just showed a love like no other. Also he had a peace about him like, if the whole world was crashing, it wouldn't matter....he would still have peace. When I asked, he would tell me about the teachings of Jesus and it became fascinating to me. I decided I wanted to know God so I told Kyle I would go to church with him and take some Bible classes that the church offered. Then, when I went, something was pulling me towards the front of the church, where other people were standing and singing. So I just walked up and said in my head "God, if you're really there, here I am". BOOM! The Holy Spirit hit me like a ton of bricks! It was so awesome! I was with a friend too, it was her first time there, and when I turned around to look at her she was almost falling over and crying and just so consumed by God's presence. It changed me forever.


"I love life now! God is so good and He's showing me more and more of Him everyday. I'm back in school and working and living for God. He has freed me from all my bondage; cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, fake cheap love. I live for Him now and nothing is more satisfying. Actually, He is the only One who satisfies. This world is quick to take away your morals and rob you of who you really are. God has created you to be a unique creature of God, and he wants you to know Him. I couldn't imagine life without Him now. Don't get me wrong, in life we all encounter problems....but now I don't face them alone. God carries me through everything -- He is so faithful. "

Yaya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home